SteelMagnolia Conversation

((The following is transcribed and edited from a longer conversation through Yahoo Instant Messenger. It appears mostly unedited, with permission from SteelMagnolia.))

SteelMagnolia: “Not remembering when something is” –Wouldn’t you say that defines “Forgetting”?
Grassy: lol depends, are we talking about a date?
Grassy: an anniversary perhaps
SteelMagnolia: Yeah.
SteelMagnolia: Exactly.
Grassy: yes, that is the same thing
Grassy: He (messed up real bad), I doubt that it’s the first time.
Grassy: Refresh his memory how things are properly made up to wronged parties.
SteelMagnolia: It was a bit more of an added straw to the camel. I had a feeling he’d forget, hoped it was wrong. Especially with the whole “wanting to reconnect” thing. Instead, I got that and a giant hint-hint that he wanted a surprise birthday party.
Grassy: During this time when you “Had a feeling”, did you ever once remind him?
SteelMagnolia: I asked if there were any plans for the coming weekend.
Grassy: Subterfuge!
Grassy: you planned an ambush and led his big dumb (self) into it.
SteelMagnolia: I mean, he’s got (the date) tattooed on his leg. I didnt think I’d need to.
Grassy: guys are very dumb
Grassy: all of us.
SteelMagnolia: His mom asked him when it was On Saturday. He paled and said monday.
Grassy: but if the day was really important to you, you would have reminded him. I know, it should be important to him too, but you’re unaware how much conscious awareness possessing and protecting external sex organs is. It’s distracting, we forget things.
Grassy: We’re sorry for being the (forgetful) sex, we really are.
Grassy: But you’ve got to stay patient with us.
Grassy: did he admit that he (messed up real bad) on the date?
SteelMagnolia: No, he got mad at me for bringing it up
Grassy: ….
Grassy: this is an annu- versary, yes? Of a wedding. A whole year.
SteelMagnolia: “I did NOT forget. I just didn’t recall when it was.”
Grassy: oh boy
SteelMagnolia:  7 yrs
Grassy: Okay. When he’s asleep, take a Sharpie, and over his tattoo, write a different date. Like a month from now. Tell him that that’s your makeup annu day. Anything he says to the contrary, just punch him in the sack!
SteelMagnolia: Hm…
Grassy: and every time, a Saturday comes along, between now and then, punch him randomly in the sack to remind him.
Grassy: If he still doesn’t get the picture, have him tested.
SteelMagnolia: Thought you said to be forgiving?
Grassy: I’m also big on people valuing themselves
Grassy: He can’t be that bad… V-Day, Anniversaries, they’re a pain in the balls- if a male brain has a choice, it will choose to forget. Male brains are good at forgetting. The only way to battle that “Pain in the balls” feeling is with literal- pain in the balls.
Grassy: IMHO He deserves it
Grassy: You two pledged your lives to each other, one (obscenity) day a year, it’s his job to give you his undivided attention and say “thanks”, then you blow his mind in the bedroom. It’s not a new system. If it’s important to you, then it’s important to the plural you.
SteelMagnolia: He forgets lots of stuff. Or puts them off. (Stuff), (other stuff). I have to remind on everything. 99% of the stuff we go do is because I suggest it. I wanted to see if just once he could do something.
Grassy: Sorry for my gender. The Y chromosome is an incomplete X. We lift stuff good…
Grassy: Give him another chance.
SteelMagnolia: I’m trying. Just keeps giving me those added frustrations. Its not so much he didnt do anything, just the odd way he tried to cover for it.
Grassy: Don’t bottle that frustration and turn it inward, turn it on his balls.