Self-taught local artist finds a “Home”

(Left to Right) Nathan Cody, David Greene, Jason Levi and Ryan Gio express their individuality. (Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)

Since David Greene’s move from the Bay Area to Los Angeles, he still remembers his time at DVC fondly. Greene credits the theater department as well as the local nightspot Masse’s, where he often performed at live band karaoke nights.

Greene described his performances there as, “(Some) of the best experiences of my life and it’s the
reason that I’m playing music right now. It taught me a lot about playing live.”

In 2012, when Greene was considering a return to the Bay Area after becoming frustrated with the Los Angeles acting climate, opportunity came knocking from a very unlikely source.

“A Facebook message from someone I dated in college asking me if I still play bass, I said yes, and she said that an ex of hers was looking for a bassist for his band.”

David reached out to and was recruited by front-man and rhythm guitarist Jason Levi. After a brief audition process, Greene was offered the gig on the spot. Unfortunately, the elation was brief, as another shakeup in May of 2012 left the band without a drummer.

“…When we found one thing, we lost another,” Greene said of the frustration at losing another member of a band to which he’d only recently joined.

Once again, fortune smiled on Greene and the group that would become Stereo Scenario, this time in the form of talented drummer and performer Ryan Gio.

“We auditioned Ryan and said ‘This guy’s awesome,’ so we went with him.”

In less than a year together, Stereo Scenario has built a solid fan base within the vibrant L.A. live music scene. The band has compiled an impressive resume of gigs in the past five months including The Viper Room, Skinny’s and “the House of Blues on Sunset.”

Greene remembered his performance at the iconic venue as “…very laid back and pretty damn nerve wracking.”

By popular demand, Stereo Scenario has recorded and released a two song EP, featuring title track “Are We” and “Home” which Greene describes as the band’s “…anthem.”

The band is also in the final stages of recording a full length album for release. When asked about what might be next for Greene and his Stereo Scenario band mates, he voiced a desire “…to tour, release (the) album and take over the world.”

Given the tremendous amount of attention and praise surrounding Stereo Scenario, it would be unwise to doubt their ability to do so.

D.GreeneBass1.jpg
David Greene slaps his bass at a live stage show with Stereo Scenario. (Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)” height=”225
StereoScenario1.jpg
(Left to Right) Nathan Cody, David Greene, Jason Levi and Ryan Gio express their individuality. (Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)” height=”200
D.GreeneBass2.jpg
Stereo Scenario rocks the Viper Room. (Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)” height=”225

StereoScenario3.jpg
(Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)” height=”199

StereoScenario4.jpg
(Courtesy of Stereo Scenario)” height=”300