Remember the USS Enterprise?

Editor in Chief Brian Donovan (The DVC Inquirer)

For anyone paying attention to the geo-political developments recently, the tension between Israel, the United States and Iran are at an all-time high. War could break out at any minute.

As a result of anticipating military action, the United States is sending their oldest aircraft carrier the USS Enterprise to the strait of Hormuz sometime in spring according to Hurriyet Daily News. The USS Enterprise was the world’s first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier commissioned in 1961, making it over 50 years old.

According to the Bremerton Patriot, the US Navy is planning to decommission the ship in 2013, making it the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to be decommissioned in history. It is estimated that is will cost $300-$500 million, 850,000 man-days of work and eight years to complete the project.

As of now according to Russia Today, the carrier and its strike group are running naval drills off the American East Coast.

Why would the most advanced military in the world send their oldest aircraft carrier that is about to be decommissioned to protect the flow of oil in the event of an Iranian blockade?

It costs a lot of money and is environmentally hazardous to dismantle the nuclear cores of an aircraft carrier and to scrap its metal.

With the use of historical patterns and the facts given, I as a journalist am going to make a bold prediction.

The USS Enterprise is going to get sunk either by an American submarine or more likely an Israeli one. The attack is going to be blamed on Iran to justify an attack on the country’s nuclear facilities and other infrastructure.

Sounds crazy at first right?

But there is already a historical precedence set by the United States of using false-flag operations to make their enemies look like attackers.

For example, the sinking of the USS Maine that sparked the Spanish-American war of 1898 was likely caused by an internal explosion of coal, rather than an attack by the Spanish according the US Navy‘s own historians and Admiral Hyman G. Rickover. Unfortunately, the “yellow press” of William Randolph Hearst’s The New York Journal with the military at the time blamed the Spanish for the explosion and started a propaganda campaign against Spain. Though there is speculation about whether the explosion was an accident or intended, the insufficient evidence linking the Spanish to the attack and the immediate blame on Spain without further investigation shows that the event was exploited nonetheless.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident that justified invading Vietnam never even happened and was a fabricated event according to the National Security Agency‘s declassified documents released in 2005. A declassified article from NSA‘s classified journal Cryptologic Quarterly titled “Skunks, Bogies, Silent Hounds and the Flying Fish: The Gulf of Tonkin Mystery, 2-4 August 1964” states that, “The conclusion that would be drawn from a review of all signal intelligence (SIGNIT) evidence would have been that the North Vietnamese not only did not attack, but were uncertain as to the location of the ships.”

The government also developed a plan to attack their own base at Guantanamo Bay during the 1960’s to justify a war with Cuba. The plan was called Operation Northwoods and it was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff but was rejected by President John F. Kennedy. It was declassified for the public to see in the National Security Archives on April 30, 2001.

A more recent example reported by journalist Seymour Hersh and Keith Olbermann back in 2008 was Dick Cheney’s plan to have Navy SEALs dress up as Iranians attack a US ship with PT boats to then blame on Iran.

These are just a few of the many examples of our government planning and conducting false-flag operations to look like the victim.

The Washington Post, Time Magazine, CIA officials and FBI agents have all said that US government officials “were trying to create an atmosphere of fear in which the American people would give them more power,” according to the Washington Blog.

Creating the enemy is just one way they create that fear.

If I am wrong about this, then you as the reader can blast me all you want on the comment page. If the ship sinks though, then remember the USS Enterprise.